Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Emerald City

Ben and I had some airline vouchers to use by the end of April so we took a quick trip to Seattle. Neither of us had ever been, and we squeezed all of the tourist attractions into a weekend.

Pike Place Market was beautiful.



The fresh flowers were my absolute favorite, and it killed me not to buy any. They are so affordable, I would always have fresh flowers in my house if I lived in Seattle.



We ate delicious mini-donuts at the market.



And I bought souvenirs outside for the kids while Ben took pictures.



We rode the monorail.



And went up to the top of the Space Needle.



Which is overpriced, but still a must do. It was also freezing up there!



We took an underground city tour.



And a harbor cruise, which was gorgeous.



We walked a good portion of the city, got to know the public transportation, went to the movies a few times, had great food, and slept in late for two mornings!

No comments: