For those of you who don't live in Utah, you may not believe me - but Chuck-A-Rama is a restaurant. It's an unfortunate name, don't you think? It's a buffet, and we've been to the one near our house twice I think.
It sounded good today, so we took the kids. Here are the top 10 reasons why buffets can be great.
10. When you have three kids, it's a good deal. They only charge for the adults but we feed the kids too. Buying meals for us and a few kids meals is getting expensive!
9. You get to eat salad, roast beef, chinese food, and three kinds of dessert all in one meal.
8. You can throw french fries, goldfish crackers, mac & cheese, chocolate pudding, rolls, and other varieties of food at your kids to keep them happy for an hour.
7. Every time you get up to get food your 3 year old can follow you.
6. You can feel at one with the "old folks" who frequently eat at buffets.
5. No need to finish your plate, just have them clear it and get a new one. Wasting food at its finest.
4. You don't have to cook. Of course, that is a great benefit of going anywhere to eat.
3. Buffets are the only place you can get desserts like bread pudding and rice pudding. Oh, and don't ever get either of those items - they aren't good at a buffet.
2. The choice is yours at Chuck-A-Rama. Oh, that's their jingle.
1. You can look around for the "buffeteers" as my Dad calls them. These are people who stay at the buffet for 3 hours, resting in between meals. They really maximize their $10 investment by eating as much as possible. Seriously, next time you go to a buffet look around - you'll see them.
So, we are all full and happy and no one seems to have mixed the wrong foods together. Thanks Chuck-A-Rama!