Monday, June 18, 2007

World's Greatest Dad

When Ben woke up yesterday, I told Anna she should sing him a song. She made one up, and it went something like this:

"I love my Daddy, my Daddy loves me.
I love my Daddy, I love my Daddy.
Daddy loves me.
I love my Daddy......most of the time."

We both laughed pretty hard at that one. Despite her silly Father's Day song, I'm pretty sure Anna loves Ben all of the time. She especially loves it when he rides tricycles with her, takes her to Home Depot, reads her stories for bedtime, plays Candyland with her, makes elephant noises, and all kinds of other fun stuff.

I remember when Ben and I first got married and we talked about having a large family. I told him that growing up I always figured I wanted two kids or so. Before I was married, in my mind I pictured it being all me, without much help with the kids. Once I married Ben I knew he was going to be a great Dad, and very involved, so I figured I could handle a bit more. He has been fun, caring, loving, and patient with our kids, and I can't wait to see him as they get older. Here's to Ben, the world's greatest Dad!

1 comment:

Sabby said...

Well I don't know about world's greatest...just kidding you are a great dad Ben! It's true your kids light up when you walk in the room! Happy late Fathers Day!