One of the things we like about our house in Bountiful is that we live in the city, but up against the mountains. Since we've lived here we've seen lots of deer, no matter what the season. They like to lay on our grass and eat our weeds. A few weeks ago we saw a fawn for the first time. There are two, and now we've seen them frequently crossing through our yard with their mother. They are adorable, and one came right up to the edge of our grass this morning so I took a picture. Hi Bambi!
People ask us all of the time why we would want to move back to California. Even my Mom, and I'm pretty sure she wants us to move back! Honestly, I think we would be perfectly happy either place or any other place. But here are a few of the things I miss in California.
- Family: Can't wait to go swimming at Sal and Marlene's house, take the kids to my Mom's house to play with the animals, be close enough to eat my Grandma Robertson's pies, close enough to drive to see my Dad, and all of the other family stuff that we always seem to miss out on.
- Summer nights in Riverside: There is an actual smell there that I love. Maybe its the orange blossoms, or just nostalgia, but I love driving around at night with the windows down.
- Cardinas: Our favorite authentic, cheap, Mexican food. Maybe its an acquired taste for that HOT salsa, but we love it.
- Sunshine at Christmas: Having a white Christmas has been fun and beautiful. But for me, Christmas is supposed to be 75 degrees and I miss that.
- Sitting on the 91 on the way home from Newport: Yep, I miss that. I'm sure I'll be cured after one traffic jam, but I miss it. Its only okay when you've had a fun day at the beach, not when you've had a long day of work and want to get home.
- Taking a dip on a 100 degree day: We'll see if it happens, but Ben has one requirement for our next house - a pool.
- Shopping at Ontario Mills: I just need to go shopping. Plenty of shopping here, but not really anyone to do it with who likes it as much as my Mom.
Of course there are things I don't miss, but for me the good outweighs the bad. I don't know when we'll move there, but we are going in a few weeks when Ben takes the bar. He'll be consumed with that but maybe I'll be able to do a few things on this list.