Friday, April 18, 2008

The Long-Awaited (Maybe by a few people) Disney Post

It has been over a month and I never shared pictures from our trip to the happiest place on earth. They are on Ben's computer and well, he uses his computer. So that is my excuse.

Well, it lived up to my expectations. The adults were more excited to go than Anna, and we got there just after it opened. It looked like it was going to be a pretty slow day, and we had perfect, 75 degree weather. We walked straight over to Pirates of the Carribean. I remember it as a fun ride, "Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me."

Anna seemed apprehensive as we got going, the ride is very dark. Then we went down a small drop - she laughed for a minute, then she cried. For the rest of the ride all I could hear was, "Mommy, I told you I didn't want to go on this ride!" "Cover my eyes, those guys are scary!" And other things like that. I felt pretty bad - the first ride to start our exciting day and Anna hates it.

So after that we didn't take Anna on anything dark or scary in the least bit. And we had a great time. Ellie and I enjoyed the big rides like Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, and Space Mountain. And we all went with Anna on rides like Winnie the Pooh, the Train, Teacups, Autopia, and the Tiki Room. Grandma Horsie played with her when Ellie and I were gone, and they got treats, had Anna's portrait done and went on more rides.

Talking about it makes me want to go back, it was SO fun!


Anna was excited as we rode the tram from the parking lot.

Ellie and I on Indiana Jones. I need to learn how to take pictures of myself without the double chin. (Or maybe it is always there?)

Here we are on Splash Mountain. We went twice!

Anna and Grandma coming back over from Tom Sawyer's Island.

The standard pictures in front of the castle.


Anna on a fake dumbo, this was aside from the ride, just to climb on.

The teacups! This was definitely one of Anna's favorites.

Playing the piano and sitting on a chair in Goofy's house.



Getting a little tired as we waited for Autopia. We hoped she would take a nap in the stroller but she never did. Amazingly, she was good ALL day, and never broke down. Well, until we grabbed her a snack right before we left and the chicken nuggets were not McDonald's (I cringed when she demanded that). But after a minute she ate them and I was once again amazed how good she was all day.

On the Rocket Ships - these things go up high!

Waiting for the parade, a nice way to end the day.

Anna still had energy on the tram back to the parking lot, but she fell asleep about 30 seconds into the car ride.

Ellie was a bit more exhausted!



I want to go again and I want to get year passes. But does it lose its magic if you go a lot?

4 comments:

Ellie said...

Oh I loved seeing the pics, it reminded me of how much fun it was! I made us one of those music/pic dvds and it was super cute, but I can't seem to get it to play on anything but my computer. Maybe one day I can get you a copy! It was so much fun, hopefully one day yall can come and visit me in Texas!

Carilly said...

No lets go!! Convince your brother to take us and we'll go. No scary rides I swear.

Sabby said...

So fun! I want to go, it has been way too long for me!

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the comment on our blog. Your kids are so cute and growing up so fast! It looks like you had a lot of fun at Disneyland!