My friend, Ellen Tingey, has started a blog. Now I can keep up on the exciting happenings of her life when we move off to California. We are getting together for a farewell on Friday with a few other former roommates, Katherine and Melanie.
So, here are 10 things you might want to know about Ellie in case you decide to lurk on her blog:
1. Sometimes she has big hair
2. She was born in New Mexico (Sorry Elle, the truth had to be told) but grew up in Texas
3. She doesn't have a middle name
4. When we lived together she was the best cook I knew
5. You can call her Ellen, Ellie, or Elle. I use all of them interchangably.
6. She never liked Beverly Hills 90210
7. She loves romantic comedies, and likes the name Isabel because of Fools Rush In
8. Geography and/or pronouncing foreign countries is not her strongest point
9. She was my maid-of-honor
10. She is my BFF
For those of you who cannot believe #6 - I'm with you - how could someone in my generation not like Beverly Hills 90210? The day Ellie moved into my Provo, Utah apartment, I was watching the series finale of 90210. I hadn't kept up on the show like I did in its early years, but of course I had to watch the finale. So we started off on the wrong foot since Ellie moved right into my room and interrupted my show watching. At the same time, she was thinking she could never get along with someone from California who actually watched that show.
Luckily we moved passed it and started a great friendship.